Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Quiz

1.Legend has it that when mourners gathered to watch X's cremation, a sudden blast of heat from the open incinerator doors blew her body bolt upright. Her hair was on fire from the flames, and blazed around her head like a halo. X's lips appeared to break into a seductive grin just as the doors closed shut. Thus, she gave her audience one last shock.
Identify X. (Hint: Subject of a pretty famous movie)

2.Which book, according to the Guinness Book of World Records has the distinction of being the bestselling novel rejected by the greatest number of potential publishers? (121 to be precise)

3.12 years ago Humberto Munoz Castro was sentenced to 43 years in jail for a famous (or rather infamous) shooting. However he took advantage of a 2001 law that allows for detainees to get huge discounts on their sentences if they behave well, work a lot, and gain university degrees during their time in jail. Who did he shoot?

4.An easy one here.
"Dearest, I feel certain I am going mad again. I feel we can't go through another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices, and I can't concentrate. So I am doing what seems the best thing to do. You have given me the greatest possible happiness. You have been in every way all that anyone could be. I don't think two people could have been happier till this terrible disease came. I can't fight any longer. I know that I am spoiling your life, that without me you could work. And you will I know. You see I can't even write this properly. I can't read. What I want to say is I owe all the happiness of my life to you. You have been entirely patient with me and incredibly good. I want to say that - everybody knows it. If anybody could have saved me it would have been you. Everything has gone from me but the certainty of your goodness. I can't go on spoiling your life any longer.
I don't think two people could have been happier than we have been."
Whose letter?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) No idea. Cremated...was is Eva Peron??

2) Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

3) He's the guy who shot Escobar, if I remember right. Dunno that he has been released. Maybe Carlos Gamarra should watch his back. :)

4) Peter. Virginia Woolf's suicide note.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Raj said...

Good one. 3 out of 4. The first one's actually frida kahlo, the mexican painter, played by Salma Hayek in a pretty recent movie.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home